Overcome Pornography Addiction
Internet monitors and filters are only a part of the fight over pornography addiction. This Book and CD set are the most complete guide for help prevent and treat this addiction.
"Anyone dealing with these addictive behaviors will not find a more robust, sensitive, and professional treatment program." - Dr. Jack Ayre, MBA, CFP, DSC, EdD; President Solution Services
It is estimated that roughly 10% of all people involved in pornography become addicted.
Many others who are not addicted have a difficult time quitting.
Book (Treating Pornography Addiction):
Regarding this book, Dr. Jack Ayre said, "I know of no other product that so carefully and professionally walks a sincere addict through the process of facing the challenge and working methodically through the condition."
This workbook offers a step-by-step approach to recovery. You will find real life stories, examples of how to use the tools presented, and over 40 assignments which will provoke new thoughts and ideas in your mind. The principles taught in this workbook are effective and can help you win your personal battle with pornography. The chapters of this workbook are:
The Creation of a Pornography Addiction
Treating Pornography Addiction: The Essential Tools for RecoveryIn Stock & Ready To Ship
Retail Price: $14.95
Our Price: $13.95
Treating Pornography Addiction: The Essential Tools for RecoveryIn Stock & Ready To Ship
(Book & 5 CD Set)
Retail Price: $79.95
Our Price: $74.95
Order Online or Call
- Understanding and Assessing the Levels of Pornography Addiction
- Pornography Unveiled: Why Pornography is Addictive, How to Activate and Deactivate Addictive Behaviors
- The Power of Beliefs: Learn to Rewrite the
Beliefs That Keep You Trapped
- The Beginning Steps to Change for Good
- Preparing to Change for Good
- Taking Action and Maintenance: The Behaviors of Changing for Good
- The Profile of Those Most Likely To Relapse
- Relapse Prevention Journal: A Tool to Use
- Living the Lifestyle that Leads to Recovery
You don't have to fight this battle alone. The information found in this workbook has helped many others and can help you. Hope begins when you prepare and take action to recover. This workbook will help you start the recovery process. Get started today.
Book + 5 CD Set (Treating Pornography Addiction: The Essential Tools for Recovery):
Three hours of incredible educational material for individuals who struggle with pornography addiction:
If you or someone you know is trying to stop viewing pornography these educational CD's can provide the roadmap to begin recovery. They were created to help
individuals understand pornography addiction and to provide the essential tools for healing. The material taught in these CD's has been effectively used with more than 100 individuals struggling to overcome pornography addiction.
Treating Pornography Addiction: The Essential Tools for Recovery (CD 1& 2). In these CD's you will learn:
- How pornography alters your mind and what you can do to stop it
- How you developed this addiction
- How to break the pattern of viewing pornography by understanding yourself and your body
- How to re-write your mind scripts so that you don't turn to pornography
- How to create a game plan that works
- How to heal from the shame and guilt
- How to utilize your inner voice in the recovery process
Relapse Prevention Strategies (CD #3) - "The Most Effective Relapse Prevention Strategies"
In this CD you will learn the most effective tools to help prevent relapse. You will
learn how to utilize the same tools that others have used in their successful recovery. There are common steps that all addicts take to recover and you will learn these steps in this CD.
The key areas covered in this CD include:
- The key elements that prevent change and contribute to relapse
- The most important tools for preventing relapse
- How you can utilize your own strengths to prevent relapse
- Stories from others who are succeeding in overcoming their pornography addiction
A Spouse's Guide to Helping a Partner Caught in Pornography Addiction
Most spouses simply do not know how to respond when they find that their partner
is viewing pornography behind their back or are involved in online sex. After being involved in many sessions and phone conversations with spouses who are at a loss of how to respond, Dr. Skinner developed this CD to answer many of the most common questions he receives. Here is a brief outline of what is covered in this 60 minute CD:
- Emotional phases you can expect to go through now that you have learned
about your spouse's behavior.
- Learn the key elements of disclosure-what you should be looking for and what you can expect-you may want to listen to this section with your spouse.
- You will learn how to understand and assess your spouse's involvement in pornography (Is it pornography or are there other sexual behaviors involved?)
- Find out the common mistakes spouses make when trying to help
- Discover how to be helpful but not overly involved in your spouses recovery.
- Find good professional help-Learn what questions to ask when looking for a good therapist or group.
- Discover suggestions to help you begin your healing process
If you are in pain, this CD will provide you with the knowledge you need to get started in the healing process. As you listen and learn how to best respond to your spouse, you will see that answers to your questions are available. Knowing how to respond to your spouse and how to begin your own healing process is invaluable. Get started today!
A Parent's Guide to Helping Children and Teens Involved in Pornography (CD #5)
Far too many children and adolescents are becoming involved in pornography. If your child is like the other 15 million children who have been exposed to pornography this year, you may be asking yourself, "What do I do now?" This CD answers the most common questions parents ask Dr. Skinner as a professional. Unfortunately, most parents simply brush aside their child's involvement in
pornography or they tell them to stop. This type of response simply is not sufficient as pornography can alter your child's life for years to come. What most parents do not understand is the powerful impact that pornography has on their child's mind. If you are a parent and your child has become involved in pornography, this CD will provide you answers to many of the questions you have about your child's involvement. Here is an outline of the contents included in this CD.
- The extent of the problem-There is a real battle going on, but most parents do not know how to respond to it. Find out some of the hidden tactics that the pornography industry uses to get children involved in pornography. Learn what you can do to protect your children.
- Learn how the relationship style in your home can impact your child's involvement with pornography.
- Find out how to best respond to your child once you have learned of his/her involvement in pornography. Your response can help or hurt the situation.
- Assess your child's involvement-Is your child just getting started in pornography or does he/she already have addictive behaviors? Learn how to ask the right questions as a parent so that you know the level of your child's involvement.
- Discover effective roles you can take as a parent to assist your child. Learn how to help without becoming too involved.
- If counseling is needed, find out what questions to ask the therapist so that your child can receive the best help. Learn what to look for in a counselor and who you should avoid.
- Learn 10 common methods to protect your family.
This CD is a must for parents who have children who have been involved in pornography. After dealing with over 100 individuals who have become addicted to pornography, Dr. Skinner has learned that early intervention is critical to helping children who have been exposed to pornography. Learn how to help your child now and in the future.
About the Author:
Kevin B. Skinner, Ph.D. is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and is a member of The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH). During the past few years he has worked with more than one-hundred individuals and couples who are dealing with pornography-related problems. He is currently in private practice. Prior to entering the private sector, Dr. Skinner taught marriage and family
courses at two major universities in the United States. Kevin is married and has six daughters. He is committed to strengthening society by teaching individuals and couples how to build and enhance their relationships.
Regarding these CD's one religious leader said, "There are many books out
lately, but I believe none come close to being able to learn from the CD's and workbook together. We need these tools in order to help those trapped in pornography fully recover and to salvage and foster marriages. I have not found any other product that compares to the benefit of what Dr. Skinner has created."
"Thank you. Your teachings and help are aiding me through a once deep addiction
as well as giving me the opportunity to help some friends go through it too. I will never be the same."
Don't look now but pornography addiction is on the rise and isn't going to go away anytime soon. According to recent statistics twenty-five percent of all search engine requests are pornography related (Internet Pornography Statistics, 2003). In fact, it
is estimated that roughly 72 million Internet users visit pornography websites each year (Pornography Statistics, 2003). The implications for such high levels of pornography involvement have yet to be socially examined. However, as a marriage and family therapist, my private practice has seen a tremendous increase in number of pornography related cases. I am seeing the devastating effects that pornography addiction has on adolescents, young adults, couples, and families.
Helping Individuals, Couples, Parents, and Leaders
As a professional who is seeing the powerful effects that pornography is having upon individuals, I have decided to create a website devoted to helping people who are looking for assistance in fighting pornography. The primary focus of this website is to help individuals who are looking for solutions to overcome pornography addictions.
In addition, this site will provide resources to individuals who are trying to help a spouse or child overcome this addiction. Finally, I want to be a resource to professionals and religious leaders who are trying to help individuals overcome this addictive behavior.
The Importance of Recognizing Pornography as an Addiction
Over the past few years some have claimed that pornography cannot be addictive
because it is NOT a substance. Howevever, such claims are from people who don't work with the pornography addicted client. Unfortunately, pornography addiction hasn't received as much attention in the national media as alcohol or drug addiction. The result is that many individuals, couples, and families are being devastated by its insidious effects. As a society we cannot simply turn our back and expect that the problems pornography is creating will disappear.
Professionals, clergyman, and others wanting to help the pornography addicted client need more effective treatment tools to help those caught in the trap of pornography addiction. Further, until our society takes a stand and tries to reduce the easy accessibility of pornography, we will continue to see marriages end, an increase in socially inappropriate behaviors such as rape and child abuse, and
addicted individuals suffering from depression and anxiety. The reality is that pornography dependency is a social problem that an unprecedented number of individuals are facing. Therefore, it is critical that we start taking the necessary measures to help individuals find solutions to overcoming pornography addictions.
Treating Pornography Addiction
As a professional I have clients who are addicted to drugs and alcohol. In
comparison, individuals attempting to stop looking at pornography have as difficult, if not more difficult, time overcoming their addiction as individuals who are addicted to drugs or alcohol. One client described his experience with drugs and alcohol with me:
"In high school I used drugs and alcohol. I loved the high and used almost daily. Eventually I quit using drugs and alcohol. Unfortunately, all along I had access to pornography and was viewing it on a regular basis. I didn't think much about it because it was just pornography. Now five years later I cannot seem to stop looking at pornography. Honestly, I have had no
problem with drugs and alcohol, but pornography has been almost impossible for me to quit." - Addicted Pornography Client
Send Us Your Comments
Due to stories like this and hundreds more that I have heard, I do not take it lightly
when I meet with individuals who come to me struggling to fight their personal battle with pornography. In fact, after talking with other professionals who have worked with drugs and alcohol, I see more commonalities in our clients than differences.
One of the biggest challenges with pornography is it's easy accessibility, affordability, and anonymity. The pornography addicted client doesn't have to go to
the store anymore to find racy or sexually implicit material. They can find it in the secrecy of their own home or place of work. They can find it on their televisions or their cell phone. Simply said, pornography can be found anywhere and anytime.
My approach as a therapist is to educate, inform, and provide the necessary tools to individuals struggling to overcome pornography addiction. The tools I give to clients
often lead to increased confidence and hope that the battle can be won. One of the most common phrases I hear is, "My temptations have really been low and I feel a lot more confident in myself." In most cases, the fight is ongoing and takes a concerted effort to win. Anyone who believes that there is a quick fix is likely to be disappointed. Overcoming pornography addiction is an ongoing battle that can be
won day by day, month by month, and year by year. There is hope, but you have to know where to find it.
In an effort to try to help clients fight this addiction, I have created a 4 step process to help individuals win their battle with pornography. The steps include:
- Assessing your personal level of pornography addiction -- Do you wonder if
you are addicted to pornography? I have created a test to help individuals identify their personal addiction level to pornography. You can learn more about this test by clicking on the link below titled "Assessing Pornography Addiction" or the tool bar on the left side of this page titled "Assessment".
- Learn the tools to win the battle -- Once you have assessed your level of
addiction it is time to learn effective tools to help you overcome pornography addiction. These tools include:
How to create a personal accountability plan and why it matters long-term--Statistics show that 5% of people can go cold turkey from addictive
behaviors. Since relapse is prevalent with most addictions, it is imperative that an effective accountability system be established. Learn how to implement a personal accountability plan that is non-threatening.
- Identifying the internal sequences that keep you addicted to pornography -- this powerful tool is the key to creating change
- Identifying the beliefs that keep you trapped
- How to fight the battle with a legitimate game plan
- The power of the productivity principle
- Incorporating an external and internal game plan that will set you free
How to track your progress and follow up so you win the battle
--The human mind thrives on personal growth and development. It is critical for the mind to see progress. Learn how to track personal progress in a way
that brings excitement and hope back into your life. This will include a plan for moving on so that you don't have to carry the burden of pornography addiction for life.
If you are interested in learning how to overcome your personal battle with pornography, you can begin your journey today by purchasing this 5 CD Set of Treating Pornography Addiction.