The ControlKey acts as the 'key' to the computer. You can lock down the Internet Access or private files to require the ControlKey to use.
This is THE fail-safe way to prevent unsupervised use of the computer. This solution
is perfect for the parents with really smart kids that have bypassed other software solutions.
- Controls PC Access. Locks out users that don't have the ControlKey.
- Provides an easy way to regulate Internet use.
- Prohibits unauthorized use of the internet. You control when and how long the computer can be used. Without the ControlKey internet use is limited to your predefined Whitelist.
- Prevents Selected Files from Being Opened. You determine which files your child can access. Protect your family's financial files and other important private information.
- Blocks Selected Applications from Being Used. You determine which applications your child can use.
- Unique combination of hardware and software gives you absolute assurance.
How the ControlKey Works:
The patent-pending ControlKey system
simply plugs into the computer's USB port to provide advanced security protection. As the key holder, you can program the system to provide as much, or as little, access to individual users as you see fit. When you remove the ControlKey token from the USB port, ControlKey locks down Internet access to only those sites you have pre-approved so that you can easily control when and how long your children are able to use the Internet. When the ControlKey token is plugged into
the USB port, your children can use all of the computer and the Internet like normal. However, once the ControlKey token is removed, the computer operates in restricted mode (based on guidelines you can customize). That way, you know that if you have the ControlKey with you, your children - and the baby-sitter - are not online where they shouldn't be.
What's more, you can configure ControlKey to provide access to parents accounts that require the ControlKey and the right password to log in, allowing you to protect personal financial files and other important information, too.
Suggested Price: $59.95
Our Price: $49.95
- Microsoft Windows XP Home or XP Professional
- 25 MB Free Disk Space
- One Free USB Port (See our USB extension cable for easy access.)
USB Extension Cable by GE
If your family computer is like ours, it is under the desk. Or it may not have a USB Port on the front of the computer. For easier access to the USB port use our USB Extension Cable. This will allow you to have the
ControlKey on top of the desk for easy access. 6 foot extension cable.
Also, do you have an iPod Shuffle? This extension cord is perfect for easier access to your USB port.
USB Extension Cable